To further our mission of educating the public and our patients about COPD, sharing news of our research and events, and recruiting volunteers for clinical trials, we accept advertising and sponsorship under strict guidelines. We will refuse any advertisement that we believe is incompatible with our mission. The presence of an ad on our site or in one of our newsletters does not imply endorsement of the advertised company or product. Advertisers and sponsors must not make any false statements, unsubstantiated health claims or suggest that PERF has endorsed a product. Advertising may be placed on the main website, the blog website, and/or within our weekly email campaigns. By placing advertising on PERF’s blog or email campaigns, sponsors and advertisers agree that they will not collect any personally identifiable information from our site visitors while they are on the PERF website.
At all times PERF reserves the right to post promotions of recruitment materials of its own and/or IRB approved press releases.
PERF maintains a distinct separation between advertising content and editorial content. All advertising content on PERF’s health information website, blog or in one of our email campaigns will clearly be labeled as an advertisement. Sponsored areas of the site will be labeled as such, and the sponsoring organizations will be identified. Placing an ad on Perf2ndwind.org or any of its released content (website, blog site, or e-mail campaigns) does not endorse any companies or products. We may solicit ads from Companies contextually related to the content of the website page, blog or e-mail.
Perf2ndwind.org offers a wide range of advertising opportunities including banner ad placements, sponsorships on our site or part(s) thereof, and placements in our email campaigns. These opportunities are customized to meet a particular corporation’s or product’s branding strategy and budget.
Advertising and sponsorship revenue is used to support Perf2ndwind.org and PERF’s research and education programs.
For inquiries about advertising and sponsorships, contact:
PERF Advertising & Sponsorship Criteria
(Criteria subject to change without notice)
Advertising that may be allowed on the service, provided certain criteria are met:
- Corporate image advertising or corporate sponsorship
- Over-the-counter medications approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Prescription drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration
- Consumer products with a health connection
- Fitness products or services
- Medical products or devices
- Pharmacies (retail and online — VIPPS program compliant only for online)
Advertising that is prohibited on the PERF websites or email campaigns includes but is not limited to:
- Tobacco products
- Firearms and weapons
- Legal (including malpractice)
- Gambling and lottery
- Political ads
- Social cause ads
- Religious ads
- Comparative advertising (no mention of competitive brand names within an ad banner)
Advertising that is evaluated on a case-by-case basis:
- Health care services (clinics, hospitals, procedures, lab testing)
Advertising and sponsorship criteria that must be met to allow the company to advertise or sponsor include:
- Advertisement must not make a health claim for its product that is not clearly substantiated. Advertisers may be required to submit supporting documentation (in the form of FDA approval if appropriate) to substantiate claims.
- No implication of endorsement by PERF of product or advertiser may be made.
- Perf2ndwind.org retains final approval of all sponsor and product messages, banners and advertising copy that are directly linked to or adjacent to the content. This includes verification of advertisement content and placement before it is produced on the site.
- The advertisement, advertising icons and company logos must be displayed in such a way that they clearly are not part of the Perf2ndwind.org site content.
- Perf2ndwind.org reserves the right to reject, cancel or remove at any time any advertisement from Perf2ndwind.org for any reason. In such a case, Perf2ndwind.org will provide prompt notice to the advertiser, together with an explanation.
- Perf2ndwind.org reserves the right to determine the appropriate placement of the advertisement on the website.
- No unsolicited commercial messages are allowed.
- Collecting and selling of mailing lists without the individual users’ express permission is not allowed.
- The full rules for any market research or promotion must be displayed or linked to.
- Advertisers and agencies cannot collect any personally identifiable information from Perf2ndwind.org visitors or place any cookies, applets or other such files — if those files transmit any personally identifiable information to the advertisers or agencies — on computers of Perf2ndwind.org visitors who do not visit advertisers’ sites by clicking on their ad banners.
- Perf2ndwind.org maintains total editorial independence from advertisers and sponsors. Advertisers and sponsors have no influence over or input in our product development, decisions, or policies. They also have no influence over the listing on Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). Advertisers and sponsors are prohibited from buying priority SERP listings for their advertising or the web pages upon which their advertising appears. Advertisers or sponsors are further prohibited by cobranding their product or service with our health information.
- PERF does not endorse any of the products and services advertised.
- No ads will be accepted on Perf2ndwind.org web pages or email campaigns that primarily describe or promote PERF services for patients.
Advertising file formats that are prohibited on the service include:
- Pop-ups and floating ads or surveys
- Ads that have forms within them to collect personally identifiable or financial information while a visitor is on Perf2ndwind.org
These guidelines are not all-inclusive or exhaustive, and may be modified at the discretion of Perf2ndwind.org and/or PERF board members or authorized representatives at any time.